- 1 ( Insert Game Title Here )
- 2 Gameplay Overview
- 3 Strategy
- 4 Story
- 5 Development History
- 6 Version Differences
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Other
- 10 References & Contributors
( Insert Game Title Here )
(Template Page) is a page that is dedicated to be easily copied and modified, in order to massively simplify the process of creating new game pages. The introduction to the player should be a simple, concise summary of the game, including information like release date, ports, and making sure to note who the developer is using  brackets.
It's also important to note when games might contain specific cultural relevance, such as innovating on a new style of game, or excellent/poor critical reception.
The title screenshot (on the left on this page) can also be placed to the right if the author wants. Simply just replace "left" with "right" in the brackets.
You can also change the size (in px) in order to better fit all of the text of the page.
The gameplay overview section starts out with the controls of the game, including all of the buttons used and what they're used for. It's recommended to keep the control layout simple and easy to understand. Feel free to note the directions that the player can move as well, if you wish or if it's notable (horizontal only, 4 way, 8 way, analog, etc).
- A: Description
- A (Press): Description
- A (Hold): Description
- B: Description
If a game features unlockable modes, extras, secrets character etc. such as the Mahou characters in Battle Garegga or Strong Style in DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu that are relevant to the basic system of a game, put these codes here. Otherwise, omit this section.
Characters / Ships / Styles
This section should include the characters or ships, if any, that the player can select in the game. Ideally, different "styles" (for games that use them, such as DoDonPachi) would also be included here.
If there is only one playable character and no elements to augment/customize your ship, this section can be omitted from the page.
This section describes the weapons that you use in the game and elaborates on them further. Stuff like standard shots, focus shots, bombs, weapon pickups that differ in functionality, options, etc. This can be omitted if not relevant to the game in question.
This section describes any and all collectibles that you acquire in the game. An example being any Power Up items or Medals from Battle Garegga. Include secret items such as extra lives as well.
If the game features a relevant rank system, use this section to discuss it in more detail. Otherwise, this can be omitted.
If a game features a loop system, elaborate on it in detail here. Otherwise, omit this section.
This section should cover a general breakdown of the scoring system of the game. Feel free to put the meat and potatoes here. A great example of a scoring section is the DoDonPachi page.
See (Template Page)/Strategy for stage maps, enemy and boss descriptions, walkthroughs, and advanced play strategies.
This section details some particular strategic information about the game and its gameplay, such as hidden 1UPs and some basic scoring tricks. For anything particularly deep or highly complex, you can probably leave it in the Strategy page.
(Currently evaluating whether or not this specific section should even include information outside of the separated Strategy pages. Worth thinking about as a community.)
Creating a new page
There are two ways to create a new entry in the wiki:
- Reference the new page that you would like to make on a page somewhere ( [[Your Page Name Here]] ), and then click the red link to be taken to the "missing page" screen. You can then click "create a new page" and start filling it out.
- In the search box on the top right, type in the name of the page you would like to make, and then search. You will be taken to a similar page as above, prompting you to create the missing page.
Basic story breakdowns, plot information, and endings are included here.
If there is no story at all, or any information about the setting, then this section can be omitted. Try to include at least small things here when you can.
If available, you can include information here about the hardware, the development of the game, and its general reception. Try to have as much information in this section cited as possible.
- Include information here about differences in a game between various versions. This includes regional differences, patch updates/bugfixes, and the like.
- Cool facts and random tidbits go here!
See (Template Page)/Gallery for our collection of images and scans for the game.
We have support for wikitables, giving us the potential to add lots of cool info in a small box on the page somewhere, but we are not using them at the moment. I'm just leaving this here so we can have it handy in case we decide to actually use them. Feel free to not use this section.
|put your stuff here|
References & Contributors
- Remember to include everyone that you can in your credits if they contributed information! | Having links handy is even better, when available.
- If you are a primary source of information for a game, be sure to link to your Shmup Wiki user account by including a link to your profile, such as: [[User:(You)|(Your Name)]]
- And while you're at it, make yourself a little profile page (if you want, of course)! As a contributor, you deserve to be recognized for your efforts.