THERE IS TRUE JOY IN LANCING!!! – “THE JOYLANCER: THE HERO’S GAUNTLET OUT NOW!
ready for a huge Joylancer update today?
the new demo build, The Joylancer: The Hero’s Gauntlet, has been finished up and is now available for download on itch.io!
here’s a log of all of the new changes:
v2.2b (The Hero’s Gauntlet v1.0)
- TECHNICAL ADJUSTMENTS
- the engine was completely rebuilt, squashing almost every bug in the previous version (there are still some collision issues that we’re investigating)
- The Gauntlet mode is the real star here; the original 10-wave system was discarded and revised, wave count bumped up to 15
- three additional Gauntlet maps were added; 2 of them are pre-purchase only
- The Gauntlet mode now has 10 brand-new Difficulty Challenges that all feature alternate score multipliers and alter the way you play– try them all out!
- PLAYER ADJUSTMENTS
- carefully dodge your enemies and counter them by taking advantage of the new Motor-Dash mechanic; pressing [JUMP] in certain situations will perform an invulnerable backwards hop
- Joy now has invincibility during the first few frames of the Rev-Up animation, and is completely invincible when charging at level 4
- Rev-Up now generates a physics object that allows you to push enemies away from you by charging repeatedly
- Joylance-Drop does less damage but creates a physics object that pushes enemies away
- Burst-Jump can now be used as a combo attack with proper placement and timing
- Joy has a lot of new animations
- Drive-Counter (parry) and Crash-Counter revised and are overall better on a functional and reliable level
- Motor-Cancel (MC) functionality has been expanded and added to Joylance-Drop (on landing), Motor-Dash (on landing), Drive-Counter
- Motor-Dash-Cancellable (MDC) Techniques: Rev-Up, Lance Attack, Joylance-Drop (on landing), Drive-Counter (end of animation), Crash-Counter
- OTHER ADJUSTMENTS
- brand-new AI system that produces much more challenging enemies
- Helmars and Rosello Knights have more HP
- Rosello Lancer has less HP but completely different AI and a few new moves, making it a much more challenging opponent
- enemies that have been Drive-Countered now have a slight glow around their outline to indicate that they aren’t a threat
- multiple system optimizations for better performance on weaker machines
- 10 new GAME TRON borders were added, options mode update
WHAT HAS YET TO COME:
- Motor Combat (player-versus-player with unique rules)
- re-structuring the original areas to accommodate the new mechanics
- World Map system for the main game
- EVEN MORE ENEMIES
- INTENSE BOSS FIGHTS WITH LARGE CREATURES
- EVEN MORE STUFF THAT ISN’T EVEN 100% CONFIRMED YET BUT IS PROBABLY COMING AND IS PROBABLY GOING TO BE AWESOME
pre-purchase The Joylancer before Saturday, April 5th, 2014, to get in any future exclusive updates (and the full game, of course) before the price goes up! please consider pre-purchasing the game and help me pay my rent this month!